Tuesday, February 1, 2011

S for "Swimming Pool"

Hi there :)

I got a gym membership the other day. I've been thinking of getting it for a long time, but couldn't make up my mind. I was lured by their New Year campaign (no registration till Jan 31st) and finally invested in my healthy practice. Now it's all up to me whether I make use of it.

To begin with, I went swimming to the gym today. When I registered, the lady at the reception told me that not many people use the swimming pool, and I would be able to enjoy swimming without feeling crammed. She was right. At 7:00 pm, there were less than 10 people in a 25M, 5-course pool. I found a vacant course and ended up occupying it all by myself until I get tired 30 minutes later. The water was clean and warm. The changing room was quite nice with some long lockers(the ones you can hang your coat without touching the bottom). I should be determined and come here at least once a week. I'm not a great swimmer, and I admit that swimming alone for 30 minutes is pretty boring. But for some reason, swimming is one of the few exercises that are doable for me.

They have various programs in the studio, so I'd like to participate in a yoga class some day ;)

It seems that I can expect a full-time work shift from April. There's no signed document, yet, but I'm pretty sure I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment