Monday, August 23, 2010

G for "Guitar"

Today at kids' school, one of the little ones, students from age 3 to 5, came with a small guitar. According to his mom, he is taking classic guitar lessons. I was very surprised! His hands are soft and small, but he can play an instrument with strings. Also I thought it was very cool. I tend to say "Wow, cool!" whenever I hear someone says that s/he plays the musical instrument (I also play one, but I don't think I'm cool enough), but in this case, I think it was a great idea to let kids start practicing musical instruments particularly when they enjoy playing them. When I was very young, I was forced to take music lessons and I hated them. But I really regretted that I had quit practicing piano at an early age. It can be said for anything that the start is always very important. If you take a good start, you will be able to continue it for long with fun. Even though I hated the lessons, I became familiar with music and able to read music thanks to that. So it was a pain worth taking :)

My brother's departure day is coming soon, but he hasn't even started packing. I've told him hundreds of times he should start organizing his stuff early enough to allow himself to make the last-minute changes. But apparently, he IS in the last minute now....

No comments:

Post a Comment