Sunday, August 22, 2010

F for "Flute"

Not as I used to be, but I still want to be a better flute player. I like to play the flute, but I suck. A person who has been playing it for 15 years should be much better. Probably because I didn't join a university orchestra or an ensemble group. Probably because I'm just an occasional flutist; I play only when the opportunity comes, such as annual concerts of the high school I graduated. Or I don't have the talent for flute?? Anyway. Since I have more free time during summer, I'm trying to practice more than usual. Long tones were my least favorite, but I realized that they are essential for better sound and breathing. Every time I play, I feel my muscles are now very weak to support my posture and the shape of my mouth. I get tired pretty soon. But the important thing is to be patient and keep doing.

I found some videos on YouTube that a girl is playing various songs on flute. Her sound is very beautiful, and she's pretty! That was very motivating. She wrote the website she found sheet music. And this is it:

http://www.flutegirl.ca/downloads.html

They have back ground music, too! That's amazing. I had a lot of fun trying out some songs. The author of this web site lives in Canada and wants the viewers to write to her. I might do so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment