Sunday, August 8, 2010

A for "Audio Books"

The very first article of this blog is about audio books. The English school I'm working for is now trying to introduce a new method of teaching; have the students read tons of English books of appropriate levels for each student. There is an association which has established this method in Japan, and they have recorded very successful result. I read two books about this strategy and I'm very interested. They said it is also good if we have the audio so that learners can learn correct pronunciation and rhythm of English. That reminded me of e-book library in Vancouver.

I was worried that I could use that service only within Canada, but it worked! I have my account at the library in Vancouver, so that enable me to access to this on-line library. The only downside of this system is that you can find lots of books are already checked out by others. You can place a hold, but of course you have to wait. But this time, I luckily found "The Golden Compass", which I saw on the movie. I don't have the book, so I can't read and listen at the same time, but anyway I needed something that train my ears and brain to understand English. This must be a good start....if I find time to enjoy the whole story, which last for ten hours.


The book I'm reading: "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"

No comments:

Post a Comment