Saturday, January 8, 2011

O for "One Click"

Did you notice that I've changed the picture behind the title? This is a piece of Tarte Tatin that my mom made. I don't know how many times she's made this cake, but I remember her first try. She's improved to the perfection! Look at these beautiful amber coloured apples... It tasted good, too. A bit too sweet to be honest, but I suppose that's what it should be.

I've heard some people say Amazon is dangerous because you buy items just by clicking the icon without knowing how much money you are spending. So I'm trying to be careful when I shop online. But today, I finally decided to push the "Go to the Cashier" button after a good amount of consideration. The decision-making factor was a music of Concertino by Cecile Chaminade. This is a piece for flute that I really like. I know it's too difficult for me, but it's nice to have a visible goal, right? You can check out what it sounds like from the following link.
James Galway (The golden flute!!) Concertino for Flute and Piano by Cecile Chaminade

And I bought 8GB memory card and The Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. (New book for less than 300 yen!) See? My choices are pretty...um...good use of money. Now I look forward them to arrive :)

I tutored a 6-year-old boy for the first time. I expected him to know all the alphabets since he had already learned English for several months in English classes. However, all he knew was A-E. OK, I'll launch an Alphabet Bootcamp for him for the rest of this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment