Sunday, December 19, 2010

M for "Music and Mood"

I sort of knew that music affects one's mood. If you are down, you might want to listen to a cheerful music to infuse upbeat feeling to yourself, or gentle tunes when you are nostalgic. So I expected the live concert I went the other day to cheer me up, and it worked like magic!

The band called "miggy+" is a jazz orchestra. I can't explain it well, so please refer to this website if you are interested. (http://www.myspace.com/miggyaug) That was the second time for me to visit their performance, and it was awesome! The music was full of energy, and the leader of the band is such an attractive lady. Just like the first time, I was totally fascinated. I went there with my old-time friend, and happened to sit with a friends couple. I didn't meet a lot of acquaintances at that concert, but after the show, I was filled with a kind of satisfaction and a warm feeling that I had been surrounded by a lot of friends. I don't know why. But for sure, the music gave me a positive vibe.

At my friends' wedding, which was more like a live concert than a wedding ceremony, I felt like the same. I started to understand my mental system: When I'm with good friends and listening to good live music, I will feel more encouraged, secured, and free from negative constraints. Does that mean the more I do this, the better my life becomes?? Well, I suspect that this theory has something to do with my high school friends because I remember I didn't feel the same when I was with other people who I met after the graduation. Anyway, it's good to find another way to get out of a gloomy circle of my tangled thoughts.

In less than four days, I'm going to leave for Canada. I'm so pumped, but at the same time, I'm a bit concerned about what would happen after it. Well,
my tutoring sessions will start, I will have more work hours from April, and I will start picking up some exercises on weekly basis (...suspicious...). AND I'll try not to give up my "dream." During this stay, I'll meet a lot of people. They will give me lots of inspiration, both positive and negative, that will get me thinking more about my way to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment