Sunday, April 17, 2011

A for "Another Turn, Another Spring"

Hello, there.

So I'm starting another routine of ABCs. I thought about something else, such as following Japanese hiragana, but I think alphabet is the best idea so far.

Cherry blossoms are awesome this year. Now, they are blown by the wind and falling all over the ground. Double-flowered ones have started to bloom. And this is my second spring after I came back from Canada. I wasn't going to greet another spring without having any plans of returning to my second home, but this is reality. The situation is quite difficult and I couldn't keep my motivation to try to find a job in Canada. But I haven't given up. This year, I must do something. Otherwise, I would never be able to go back to that country.

The other day, I found a magazine article that reported some Japanese women who succeeded in getting a job in England. Those ladies have various situations, such as being a single mother and a graduate student, getting a national license to be a therapist, or working for a Japanese company in London. There were visa problems for everyone, just like I had, but somehow they overcame them. I was encouraged to read that article. That's not about Canada, but the case was pretty similar. It IS possible to find a job in a foreign country from Japan, and it IS possible to be a student and then become a foreign worker.

Because of the earthquake, I put this matter aside, but I was thinking about going to the grad school in Canada if there were no other means that I could take. I need to make plans, like dual plans so that I can look for both possibilities to be a worker and a student. This year's resolution is as always, "Save money!"

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you have not abandoned your dream of moving to Canada and living here, Yumi. At the moment, saving money sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete