Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Z for "Zonked Out"

Ah....how tired I am.
This is the first week of the new school year, which is a nightmare for teachers/administrative officers. Why? Because not only we have to lead herds of students to their new classrooms, there are relatively more phone calls, visitors, and trial students than usual. It's a very good thing for our school to be busy, provided that we have enough teachers. Partly due to the earthquake and nuclear disaster, and partly because of our unpreparedness, we have serious trouble finding teachers to run the regular schedule. Ever since the worst shake of the history, probably so many English schools in this Kanto area have been having the same problem. We had to cancel many classes, create make-up lesson timetable, and yet we are now making the make-up schedule for missed make-up classes! Crazy.

Yesterday was Monday, and Monday is usually crazy enough since we have more students and less staff than regular weekdays. Yesterday was even worse. We had so many trial students and their mothers in this small school, and teachers were in confusion of who and what to teach. Moreover, I had three classes to teach in a row and couldn't deal with any administrative tasks, such as asking the trial students whether they liked the class or answering the parents' questions. (Another staff dealt with all those matters temporarily.) It was such a relief to end the day even though it was an hour after my shift had finished. Today, the other teacher/administrator came back from her day off, so we solved the remained problems together and tackled new ones. Now it's my time to be free...for a day. Yes, Wednesday is my weekly holiday as a full-time employee :) I realized how easy job I had been doing while working part-time. The first two days of this week totally made me exhausted. I can't wait to slip into my bed and curl up.

By the way, this is my very first blog entry that is written on my new MacBook Pro. I haven't been able to transfer completely from my old Window's PC, but this is now pretty much my "one of the things that I can't live without." Thinking of my PC, I bought that computer so that I could bring my own machine to Canada. It has literary been my "widow" towards the world, and inevitable item for my whole days in Canada. We even went to London together. It stored and updated my hundreds of pictures and blog entries. I haven't decided what to do with my old computer, but I really appreciate its hard work ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment