Friday, September 23, 2011

O #2 for "Oatmeal Cookies"

I couldn't resist repeating the alphabet because this is a fantastic "O" topic.

I used to make very fatty & sweet, but very tasty oatmeal cookies in the shared kitchen in my landlady's cute townhouse.  But they didn't come out successfully when I tried to make them in Japan.  I think I didn't use proper oatmeal.  The other day, I found a recipe of oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies the Internet.  It's here.  (To be fair, I didn't take the title of my blog from this website.  This is just a coincidence.)  It quickly encourage me to go to the store, and this baking project became my major activity of this stat holiday.  I kind of eyeballed the amount of butter, didn't use a food processor, and omitted honey and cream of tartar (since we didn't have them in the kitchen),  so the dough came out a little dry.  But I managed to place it on the baking sheet, and the cookies held their shapes when they are done.  The smell was amazing.  It has been a while since I baked something last, so it made me feel very relaxed and excited at the same time.  The result was perfect.  The texture was exactly what I wanted.  They're filling and delicious.  They'll make a perfect snack for me to travel to Chiba for work tomorrow in the morning.  


They look very different from the ones on the website, but this is my version of satisfactory oatmeal cookies ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment