Tuesday, November 30, 2010

J for "jealousy"

One of the ugliest human feelings is jealousy. Also, it's one of the most difficult emotion to conquer, at least for me. If it were not for jealousy, relationships with people around me would have been much better and easier. As I'm an adult now, it's time I dealt with this emotion positively, not negatively. Jealousy or envy can make you motivate to achieve the goal that someone has reached. You can raise the bar for yourself because you have a model who you want to be like.

Long time ago, my friend told me that no one can get everything the person wishes for. At that time, I understood the meaning literally, but not sincerely. But I started to know what it really means these days. Happiness varies to person to person. You shouldn't be distracted and measure your happiness with other people's rules. Also you shouldn't be too greedy. Think thoroughly what is essential for your dream life, and focus on it.

There are somethings that I cannot agree with, even I know I should. This is not only because of being jealous, but my standard of thoughts that I grew up with. I learned to avoid this conflict in myself; just to be indifferent and give up.
It needs time for the idea to sink in, so as time goes by, I might be able to agree with the opinion that I couldn't accept.
...I didn't expect to be troubled with girly friendship problems at this age....sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment