Friday, July 1, 2011

H is for "HOT"

HOT.

Yes, in big capital letters. It's crazy. Today is July 1st, just beginning of summer I thought. But this muggy weather started in June and now keeps threatening us. I really have to purchase some goods to stay cool, such as a cooling pad for my bed or cooling scarf. Otherwise, I don't think I can survive while saving electricity.

This weather becomes a little better at night. Last Sunday, my friends and I went to a firefly festival in Yomiuri Land. I had no idea there was such an event there. Foreigners know more than locals, you see... I don't remember when was the last or only time I saw fireflies, but must have been a long time ago. Those glowing creatures are much smaller than I thought, but they were great enough to impress me in the darkness. The best thing was, I wasn't bitten by mosquitoes at all though we waited for a long time in a grassy field
to get in to the viewing area .

I think it is about time to change the top picture of this blog to something more summery. That means, I have to go out to find another cake that is more suitable for this season! Excuses, excuses.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment