Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I for "Icons of Summer"

What represents summer for you? Heat? Swimsuit? Or beach? There are some summer icons for me, but let's talk about some of them here.

1. Sandals
Actually, I'm not a big fan of high-heeled sandals since they hurt my feet even more than high-heeled shoes. But I love those.
Birkenstock!!

My mom opposes the idea of me wearing them for work, but why not? They put my feet into right shapes. I have another pair, exactly the same model in white, but left them in my friends' storage in Vancouver ;( So I am very happy to get ones.

2. Ice cream
I know ice cream is good in any time of the year, but these days, I'm craving for it! I remember investing (wasting?) lots of money into smoothies when I lived in Canada, but summer calls for frozen dessert! I found a fancy, and of course, very tasty gelato shop in Omotesando. I don't go there often, but next time I have some errands in that area....hmm-mm, you know where I will head to ;)

3. Ice packs
Since last year, ice pack has been my good friend during summer time. What for? To get a good-night sleep. My bedroom is VERY hot when the air conditioning is not on. Even though I open small windows, no wind would come in. Hot air just stays to steam me up. I found this ice pack makes it a bit easier to keep sleeping till the morning comes. This summer, I will need it even more. Today, I got small ice packs to wrap around my neck. I should be all right when power cut happens in the middle of summer.







So, what are your summer icons?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete