Monday, September 6, 2010

M for "Monday"

Whew....Monday. Monday is my busiest day of a week. I have three classes to teach at the high school, and right after that, I head to the kids' school to teach another two classes. To be honest with you, I prefer teaching little children to dealing with a bunch of handful teenagers. My throat started to feel sore again after the summer vacation due to the noisy teenage students. I thought it was a common sense that students are supposed to be quiet in the class. But it's not for the youngsters I teach. It was shocking to see them not stop talking or disturbing others even after I told them not to, but now I've given up. They are just a group of spoiled kids.

Well, I should stop complaining. I didn't mean to write such things.

When I got up this morning, I lost the sense of what day it was today. The first thing in the morning, I felt so anxious since I thought I had overslept. I'm too used to two-day off weekend, so this weekend seemed funny for me. Instead of working on Saturday, I have Tuesday off, though only this week, I have tons of take-home work to do. These days, I often feel tired, but I have trouble sleeping. I want to lie down on the bed and fall asleep straight away, but various things start to swirl in my brain, and that kept me tense. Come to think of it, this has been my problem for a few years. It's not as serious as insomnia, so there must be some ways that leads me to peaceful rest easily. I'm trying aroma therapy recently. It makes me feel good, but I can't tell how effective it is for me yet.

In general, my sleeping problem is originated in my mental condition. When I'm down and can't keep my chin up, this matter seems to happen. Yes, I've been so pessimistic for a month or two. However, for some reason, I feel pretty optimistic these days. That's why I wonder why I can't go to sleep soon. Probably, this problem will be over in no time. My state of mind is surprisingly good lately. Not everything is going well, and I still have things that I'm worried about. But now, there is something that lifts up my feelings, and it encourages me to look away from the matters that I shouldn't worry any more. If the time comes, I'll know the result whether it's a good one or not. Having mental burden is tough. You can't see it and you could make it bigger without noticing it.

(Yawn)...Writing this journal makes me drowsy... I'm sure I'll have a good rest tonight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment