Tuesday, September 28, 2010

U for "Unwind"


My high school days are OVER!
No, I've been out of school for so long. I mean, today was the last day for me to work at a high school. I'm anxious about losing one of my jobs, but I'm happy that I've finished this job. Of course, the students said, "I'm sad, teacher!", "Don't go!", but, as you well know, most of them are making fun of me. I was really annoyed by some of those who didn't stop talking DURING THE CLASS TIME even one moment. They are in Grade 11 and 12, mind you. The reason of them not being quiet is, I learned recently, my voice. I can't make myself heard. No matter how hard I tried, my voice is never strong enough to draw their attention. Sigh.... I don't dislike teaching at high school, but this experience just discouraged me a lot. I don't know, should I take a voice training class?

Monday is always busy, but today was even crazier. Today was my last day, but I couldn't stay long after the class as I had another two kids' classes to teach. They I had to deal with 12th graders' test result and marks, which I had never done before. I troubled a few teachers and ask them to help me. When I finished everything, it was half an hour later than the time I was supposed to be on the train. I made it for the kids' class in the nick of time! But, whew....what a day. I had breakfast at 6 in the morning and didn't have anything (except for a cough drop) until 6 in the evening.

I fell asleep after dinner, so I'm still awake at 1:45 in the morning. I'll go to bed soon. Tomorrow is my day off, so it's my time to unwind. Ahh...

No comments:

Post a Comment