Tuesday, September 14, 2010

P for "Pouring"

When it rains, it pours. It's true. After long, too long, hot summer with little rain, it started to rain this evening, and it's still falling hard. Hope it'll cool down the temperature.
I don't particularly like rainy weather, but today, I can't help thinking that the sky is crying for me. Instead of my unshed tears, raindrops are coming from the sky one after another. Why am I so certain? Because the rain started right after I received this shocking email. I'll need some time to nurse my wound in my heart. I just hope that it won't make me depressed enough to go to see a doctor this winter. It has never happened to me, so it should be all right. But as I get older, I become mentally frail more often, or I have more serious problems than before.

I started reading again. This time, I'm reading "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. Someone recommended this book long time ago, and I finally decided to buy one at the book store the other day. I chose this story to look for some insight for my life and mainly for my relationship, but I don't have to worry about it any more since it no longer exists. Still, it might give me some ideas how to live strong and find someone to spend time with. Reading is wonderful. It digs up my old vocabulary knowledge from my brain and also fills me up with new expressions. It's a kind of academic sensation that was forgotten for a while. Englishwise, this book is challenging for me. But so far, I'm enjoying it. This is the first time for me to read a real story of an author. Probably it was a fate for me to pick up this book at the store at this timing. It'll encourage me to look ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment