Thursday, September 9, 2010

N for "No More Hot Days!"

We had a typhoon the other day, and after that, the weather seems to be a little fall-ish, little by little. We have lower temperature, less scorching sunshine, and more wind. Whew, finally! I'll keep my fingers crossed, and I'm hoping this cool autumn weather stays until winter!

During summer vacation, I didn't feel like going out at all due to the burning sun. But after the temperature fell, I suddenly feel like going out. I would like to go to museums, hang out the place I haven't visited for a while, and meet friends. Ah, I love fall :)

I'm not good at stating my opinions about social issues, but I'm really concerned that Japan is becoming more and more un-Japanese. Some mountains and forests are being bought by Chinese business people, Mongolian sumo wrestlers are stronger than Japanese ones (Sumo is our national sport!)...since our government is collapsing too, we might as well import a leader from another country. No, it's a joke. But in the international competition, we are getting weaker and weaker. Japan is still clinging to the past glories and hasn't realized we are beaten by other Asian countries. So what can we do? I don't know. These days, I feel like there's less bright future in this country and much more unsolved problems.

OK, let's change the subject.

My brother having left for Czech Republic, the CD/MD player is mine again. I bought this equipment in the first place, and I gave it to my brother when I first left for Canada. After that, it had been his possession, then it came back to me now. I'm happy to be able to play my MD collection again. When MD was in bloom, I recorded so many CDs into MDs. Since all I had in my room were a radio and my PC, I couldn't make use of them for a long time. Now it's time for nostalgic songs that I liked! What I'm playing at this moment? Judy and Mary, the rock band that no longer exist.

Judy and Mary "Classic"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlWHsg9ueUc

No comments:

Post a Comment