Sunday, October 31, 2010

E for "Elusive"

Hi there :)

It's Halloween! Are you enjoying dressing up in costumes? I got some candy from my mom's Halloween party's leftovers. She held a party with 10 elementary school kids, and it ended successfully! Good job, mom! I know how hard it was. All I did to help her was to pack snacks in small packages for trick-or-treating. How unhelpful I was :p
At the school I'm working for, we decided to take down all the Halloween decorations on 29th due to our convenience. (We wouldn't have enough time and people to do so until Monday, Nov. 1st.) Then I found a student came in with a witch hat tucked in her bag. She was too shy to wear it with all the decorations gone. (And no others wore any piece of costumes.) I felt so bad for her...

OK, today's topic.
I currently have a few goals which are highly elusive.

1. Get PR in Canada
2. Pass Eiken grade 1
3. Learn to SPEAK and HEAR French

About 1, no question should be asked. 2, Eiken is an English test recognized (probably) only in Japan. It starts from grade 5. This "grade" doesn't correspond to school grades. I don't know the proper name for this in English. Grade 5 is about the English level for the first grade of junior high, which is Grade 7 in North America. I took Eiken for the first time when I was in Grade 7, then I passed Eiken grade semi-1 when I was in university. This time, I'm going to take grade 1, the final and the most difficult one, in January. It's been quite a while since I took Eiken last, and it seems that the test has become harder than before. I heard there is a huge gap between semi-1 and 1, and it is really tough to get through grade 1. But if I want to prove that I'm really good at English on the resume, I should definitely pass this test. I have tons of time now, that's why I decided to try. There is a thick workbook in front of me. I'll do it.

About 3, this is not going well. From May to September, there was a very fun radio program of French. But now, the old program is rerun, and it's very boring... Even the textbook is plain. There are lots of new vocabulary and grammar points all over the pages, but the contents are not very appealing. Well, I shouldn't be picky.
There is a proverb saying "Endurance makes you stronger."

My most recent and urgent goal is....to get rid of this cold by Tuesday! I'll see my friend and her newborn son. If I'm still sick, I will have to postpone the plan :(

No comments:

Post a Comment