Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A for "Adventure and Reunion"

Daibutsu (Big Buddha) in Kamakura

Two guests have flown to their home today.
I've been waiting for L&T's visit for half an emotional year (sob), and the time we spent together was wonderful! :)

After travelling south part of Hokkaido, they arrived in Tokyo. For three days, we looked around Kamakura, Kichijoji, and Kawagoe. They've been to Japan before, so they seemed to be quite used to what they saw, but I was honored to be their translator when they were in trouble. My parents and I had dinner with them, and this time was more successful than the last time, which was in Vancouver. Both sets of my 'parents' (haha) had a great time, and my Japanese parents wished to have more chances to talk to them. (This is a huge improvement for my very reserved parents!)

Kurazukuri Street (Kawagoe)

The place that impressed me the most during our sightseeing was Kawagoe. I had been there twice before, but this was the first time for me to actually look around. We visited a big historical temples, candy store street, and the street of warehouse style buildings. A friend of mine lives in this town and told me a lot about where to visit. It was very helpful. And I also learned why she is very proud of her home town ;) We had another member in this trip. She is L's and my mutual friend who took TESOL course at Vancouver Community College like us. I hadn't seen her for probably more than a year, so it was very nice to see her again.

L&T gave me some ideas to try to get a job offer in Canada. That's too bad that I won't be able to have any interviews or business talk during my visit since that's during Christmas Holidays. But still, I'll meet my friends and people who are cooperative to me.

I'm very lucky to have met so many great friends in Vancouver(as well as I have in Japan!). I read someone said something like a family is not only biological connections, but the bond you create with people you meet. (Agh, it was much better phrase, but I can't remember!) I think it's really true. Five years ago, I didn't dream of my world becoming so wide....

Toki no Kane (Kawagoe)

No comments:

Post a Comment