Wednesday, October 6, 2010

W for "Wedding"

My friend's wedding is coming up next Sunday. I'm so excited, but at the same time, I'm worried. If you have attended an wedding ceremony in Japan, you realized that everyone is dressed up to the perfection. I have taken part in many weddings parties, but I often felt that I was underdressed. I did my best, but my best didn't seem enough... This time, I'm going to wear a plain black dress, and I thinks that's pretty formal. The problem is hairstyle. The main reason why I had my hair permed is this formal occasion. I hope I can make do. Whew....I'm glad to be born as a girl, but being a girl takes a lot of work!

Moreover, the bride asked me to give a speech representing her friends! OK, I was a member of the speech section in the English club at university and I talk in front of students. But I'm never good at public speaking. Never. There's no panacea for nervousness, but I know the key; I should prepare and practice thoroughly. Wish me luck!

This wedding is not only my best friend's, but also one of my high school friend's. They first met in the high school brass band, and the bride played the flute with me then. She has been my great friend ever since. I wish ever-lasting happiness for her, and the success of this special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment