Wednesday, October 27, 2010

C for "Canada and Czech Republic"

There are a couple of things that starts with "C" and I could write about, such as cold, career, or cats, but I chose those two countries.

I have spent three and a half years in Canada, and now my baby brother is spending precious time in Czech Republic. I sometimes exchange email messages and knew he is experiencing similar things that I did in Canada. The city I stayed was filled with Asian people, and you could get almost any oriental food or products if you spend a few extra bucks. In a way, I was really spoiled. But a foreign country is of course different from my mother land. Many things shocked me, but at the same time, I was very excited to expose myself to the new culture. I learned a lot from not only Canadians but from international friends around me. It was certainly a life-changing experience. My brother seems to be in the city with less (compared to Vancouver) Japanese people and very few Asian products. But he is surviving and enjoying encounters with people from other countries. In his case, moreover, he has to learn Czech, which is not at all common or popular language in Japan. This must be a big challenge for him, but I'm sure that will make him tough mentally and physically. This experience, for sure, will boost his self-esteem to find his own way in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment